Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Response to "A Different Place"
In this story I thought that the story seemed to move forward very well. There were not really any points where there was a sort of hangup that slowed the piece down. there were a number of points that I felt the story was lacking in. The story is apparently about a man that reveives a phone call from his father, who was apparently on vacation in Costa Rica. His father was in soome sort of accident on the trip along with others. Derrick, a friend of some kind, was emergency rushed out and eventually he died. At the end, the reader learns that the main character could have gotten them to come home early, and you assume he may be blaming himself. I was almost surprised by how similar this story was to Rovert's first story, as far as content is concerned. Similarly, I thought this story was somewhat lacking in the emotional connection with the characters. I does not reveal a great deal about feelings and relationships and personalities of anyone. There is no point where I felt like I was fully invested in it and like I was actually in the story. There was no setting at all and an addtion of that may help it. The conflict just did not reach out to the reader, and the end should have been more precise in my opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment