Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Response to "From Me For You"
I feel like this story is another piece of compelling literature that Patrick seems to often achieve. It was an interesting read, and managed to have a lot of tension throughout a majority of the story. Because of this fact, though, I worry that perhaps it is not as effective in having a moment of the story that seems like a climax or a specific point of emphasis. I thought that it did quite well to paint a vivid image of an environment and people, giving it a lot of character and coloring the story well with detail. However, I feel like there is some left unsaid. For some reason, I feel like the circumstances of the events are simply somewhat odd or off, and it just confused me as to why the family would have insisted on doing things normally. I think that the story would benefit from making Albert a more visualized person. By that, I mean that I would like to see more detail about what he looks like so that his death really impacts the reader. Perhaps I was simply in a heartless mood, but for some reason I still feel cold to his death. The only other thing that threw me off was near the very end, when for some reason Isaiah threw up and seemed to be blaming himself for something. I missed what, but that might be my fault. Anyways, very well put together with good tension, but the ending has me puzzled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment