Thursday, April 5, 2012
Response to "Swiss Cheese"
I suppose I will start by saying that this, more than any other story I have read for the class, was very difficult to put down. It was very compelling and I thought that the storyline itself was an incredibly compelling one. It moved along without any bumps and it seemed real, more than anything else. I enjoyed that Brett (odd name choice, by the way) had a very distinct personality but what I liked far more than that even was how Jack Goodwin had his own very distinct, and very very compelling personality of his own. The relationship between the two is what wrapped it up for being a really good story to me. It also did a nice job of tying in other aspects of the story throughout, like the 'cows down the chute' thing or the bananas. I did feel like maybe the banana was used a bit too much, as it became one of the predominant images in the mind of the reader to too high of a degree in my opinion. I also felt like the setting could have been portrayed a little bit better to give the reader a more concrete sense of place. For instance, I had a really odd image in my head of the room where jack was being held. There were a couple of minor things that I marked on the paper where I felt like it could use come cleaning up, and there was only one minor plot hole that I noticed and that too was marked. I thoroughly enjoyed this read though. I only pray that this doesnt overly inflate any egos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment