Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Response to "Jensen Day"
It was hard to know what to make of the story. It was about a man who is a lawyer and the story of a singular day in his life. He wakes up next to a girl and goes off to work, where he is met by a boss and has a few obscure, and seemingly full of contempt, interactions and remarks. The story was incredibly short, and I was thinking that perhaps it was because it was meant to show exactly how meaningless and boring and thoughtless Jensen's days really are, and it would be proving this in its brevity. But the thing is I do not know if that is exactly what it is going for, because that is certainly not said and there is little to point his overall mood in that direction. I find a large amount of the story to be rather confusing as well. The ending, specifically, confounded the hell out of me. I am not quite sure at the end what happened to him. In this class it has been nearly nailed into our brains to have some sort of overall change in the character in the story, or there needs to be some change that makes it story-worth, and I do not know what that is in this story. I did feel like the piece was successful in the dialogue, which was realistic and seemed to fit well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment